We are finally going to China!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yesterday in Shanghai



Yesterday we went to an old part of Shanghai to see some gardens. It was surrounded by lots of small shops and places to eat. There were a ton of people.

The best part of the day was eating the steamed buns. They look like the dumplings I had yesterday but here they call them buns. We watched them make them through a window. These are supposed to be the best steamed buns in Shanghai. Alot of people waited a long time in line for them.

While we were waiting alot of people kept coming up to me and Skylar. They wanted to take pictures of us and with us. One lady even made sure I had my hat on!

Mom let us buy meat on a stick from a cart. It was really good. Skylar had two!

We walked alot after that and saw lots of shops and buildings. I got wet paint on my new coat. I thought my mom would kill me but she didn't.

We were really tired.